You will be able to set up the www.Gmail.com account recovery options when have logged into the Gmail page. The following steps will help you to enable your account recovery options:
- Click on the gear icon on the Gmail page and select the Settings option after www.Gmail.com Login.
- Click on ‘Accounts and Import’.
- Next, click on ‘Change password recovery options’ in the ‘Change account settings’ section.
- You will be prompted to re-enter your password to help verify your password and protect your account.
- Click on ‘Add a recovery email address/a mobile phone number/security question’ if you do not have a recovery option already, or click on Edit next to your current recovery option to change it.
- Click on Save to save your changes.
If you are unable to login to your account, you could use your existing account recovery options to access your account.
First, go to password recovery page by using this link – https://www.google.com/accounts/ForgotPasswd?service=mail&fpOnly=1 and enter your username. Click on Submit. If you Gmail username have been accepted, then a CAPTCHA will appear which needs to be typed in the empty box below it. Then, click on Submit. You will be provided with the option to be contacted via email or mobile phone.
- If email option is chosen, then a verification email will be sent to your secondary email address along with the instructions to proceed further.
- If mobile phone option is chosen, then a text message will be sent to your mobile phone with a password reset code.
If email and phone recovery option does not work, your account needs to be idle for 24 hours in order to activate the security question option. Be sure to refrain from trying to log into your account at that time. After 24 hours, you will be presented with your security question to recover your Gmail Account.
Please note that you will not be able to use the same username in the future when you delete your Gmail address. The following steps will help you to remove Gmail from your Google Account:
- Please click on this link https://www.google.com/settings/products to go to the Products tab in your Google Account Settings.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ link next to ‘Your products’.
- Then, click on ‘Remove Gmail permanently’.
You should have signed in to your Google Account in order to delete your Gmail address. If you are unable to sign in to your account, you could recover access to your Google Account by using this link: https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346
If you use Gmail offline, you will also need to delete the cookies associated with Gmail offline to remove your Gmail account completely.
Please follow these steps in Google Chrome:
- Type chrome://settings/cookies in to your address bar and then press the Enter key.
- Here, you need to search for ‘Mail.Google.com’. Then, the search results will be displayed.
- You need to hover over the search results and click on ‘X’ that appears on the screen.
It might take up to 60 days for the residual copies of deleted messages and accounts to be deleted from the Gmail active servers. It might remain in the Gmail backup systems for an additional period of time.
If you have deleted your Gmail address and wish to get it back, then it depends on the time factor. If the account was deleted many weeks ago, then the account cannot be retrieved.
If you wish to retrieve your deleted Gmail account within few days of deletion, then Gmail will work to help you recover your deleted account whenever possible. Please note that a successful recovery will only recover the username associated with the Gmail account.
www.Gmail.com does not use the concept of folders. Gmail uses labels instead of folders, to help you organize your mail more effectively. Labels have more advantages than Folders. The following points will clearly explain as to why labels are efficient than folders:
A particular message can be assigned to one folder only. In other words, the same message cannot be assigned to other folders. However, you can assign more than one label to a particular message.
- If you have moved a particular message to a folder, you will have to remember the name of the folder in order to access it, when you need it the next time. Otherwise, it will be hard to retrieve that message or conversation.
- When you label a conversation or message, it can be in several locations like Inbox, All Mail, Sent Mail, etc. at any point of time which makes it easier for you to find the required conversation or message quickly.
- You will not always be able to perform folder specific searches. However, you can search any conversation by label.
- You can create a label in a very simple and easy way. Also, handling labels is user friendly. You can create, edit, delete and search labels.
The following steps will help you to create a label:
- Click on the down arrow next to ‘More’ on the left side of the Gmail page.
- Then, click on ‘Create new label’.
- Type the name and click on Create.
You can edit or delete a label by hover your cursor over the required label on the left side of your Gmail page and then clicking on the down arrow that appears next to it. A menu appears where you can edit or remove the label, change the label’s color, create sub-label and show or hide the label.
Google Mail, Gmail has opened its eyes in the world of Internet in the year 2004. It was just started as internal mail server for Google employees and later developed into big giant. Wide number of features appended to Google interface in the later years made it a popular web based Email in the world of internet.
Few of the services that were appended to Google form 2004 to till date include Google Calendar, Google Talk, and Google Buzz and Google Apps. Every mobile user can accesses Gmail.com on his mobile with the help of Goggle apps. The popular domain name of Google mail, Gmail.com was acquired from Garfield.com.
The project of Gmail.com was initiated by software engineer Paul Buchheit earlier to 2004. It was kept under maintenance and testing before it was made public in April 2004. Testing process was initiated on March 21st 2004 and the mail was public on 1st April 2004. 1000 opinion leaders participated in the usage of Gmail during the test period.
The introduction of Google Apps was curtain raiser for new Phase in Gmail. The mobile apps was launched in the year 2006. Every mobile Phone that could run java apps was able to use the Google apps on phone. On 28th January new features like Google Docs and spread sheets were appended to Gmail.com. Since then the user was able to open the Ms-Doc from the Gmail.com directly.
If you are a www.Gmail.com user, you can use emoticons when you chat with other Gmail users. To use emoticons while chatting in Google Properties like Gmail, Orkut Chat or Google+, you just have to choose one of these options:
- Type a combination of keys like : D, = D, : -| and press Enter.
- Click the blue smiley-face button at the right of the text-entry field. A pop-up menu appears, where you can choose from different emoticon sets, including circular, rectangular, or standard.
When you select a particular emoticon set in Gmail Chat, it becomes your default set. All incoming and outgoing emoticons will appear in your default style until you change sets.